Re: Downloading the XFree86 4.3.0 binaries

I downloaded the latest xfree86 binaries for AS 2.1
i.e. binaries under Linux-ix86-glibc22/ from the website.

I installed these binaries into my existing AS 2.1 installtion using the Xinstall.sh script. It was successful. I tried to
configure X with the following:

xf86config utility- looks like it was not listing the video card i am using i.e. Intel D845GVSR mother board with intel extreme graphics.Hence the display was not proper.

xf86cfg utility: tried the options, the same result.

Thirdly, i tried XFree86 -configure:
unable to configure since it complained that there is no glide 2.x installed. But my redhat installtion is a typical installation i.e. it contains gnome,kde & application development packages. I could also see glide 3.x.

The binaries i am using is xfree86 4.4.0

Kindly let me know if the video card i am using is compatible with xfree 4.4.0.

My system configuration is:

Intel P 4, 512 mb RAM, intel D845 GVSR motherboard.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.