RE: Trouble getting ATI 9200 (Gigabyte) dual head to work

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, John Himpel wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 22:05, mick wrote:
>> Your BUSID's are different.
>The output from lspci shows two devices (01.00.0 and 01.00.01 -- see
>lspci.txt attached to original email),  Which one should I use?  I have
>one Gigabyte 9200 (Powered by ATI) card with two adapters.  Should both
>adapters use the same BusID?

Ignore the secondary ID, it is unused.

>> Could you please reiterate what OS you are using and what specifically is
>> the problem you are having.
>XFree86 says that my XF86Config file is incorrect. The message shown in
>the log attached to the original email says:
>"Device(s) detected, but none match those in the config file.
>>
>> Your card is 64/128MB with dual ramdacs?
>I am using RedHat Fedora 1.  The rpm package version is
>XFree86-4.3.0-45.
>
>The card is 64Mb. There is an analog and DVI connector.

You will almost certainly need to use the MonitorLayout option,
described in the Radeon manpage.  Almost all dualhead/Xinerama
related problems are resolved by that option, which forcibly
tells the driver how to treat the display on each head.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris