Re: RedHat 9 & Radeon 9000

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 02:29 PM, Alex Deucher wrote:

what port do you have the monitor plugged into?  DVI or HD15 (vga)?  if
you have an adapter try the DVI port.  Also, you might try the
"MonitorLayout" option. see the radeon man page for more info.  if you
don't have that option, then you are using an older version of the
radeon driver.
I've added the line
Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT,NONE"
doesn't seem to change anything for me.
Here's a question. Why would this work and then all of a sudden stop working? I has worked for months, without me changing anything it has stopped. I wonder, has there been upgrades to XFree on RH9? perhaps something is broken...

 you might try the xfree86 package from rawhide or try
xfree86 cvs.
yeah, before I do that I'd like to know the possible reasons for the message. and how it would come about for no reason... though I've downloaded what was on the rawhide site...

--
Nathanael Noblet
Gnat Solutions

T/F 403.288.5360