M-S48a problems - too slow

  Hello,

  I have a M-S48a Logitech mouse and there's something wrong with it
  on my Red hat 9 system. The cursor is really slow - and toying with sensitivity doesn't seem
  to help much. It reacts on acceleration quite properly, but mouse acceleration is
  something I can't cope with under any circumstances.

  I have found a strange remedy for
  that. After logging in I select 'mouse' from 'system settings',
  click ok - and voila, the cursor is moving fast enough, just perfect. However I'd like
  to know why the mouse is acting like this. I suspect xfree86.

  I am using Microsoft Intellimouse drivers. Prevoisly I used Generic
  drivers, but I think that 'fix' was at that time impossible to
  perform.

  TIA.

--

mailto:sah@xxxxxxxxx