(no subject)

Hello all,

           Sorry about my atrocious attempt to word an
email in proper english...here is what I wanted to
say:

             A while back, I got a Pentium (256 Mb
ram) running redhat 9.0.  Everything worked fine.  I
then removed the single 256 stick and inserted 2 512
Mb sticks.  At first, Xfree kept crashing...it turns
out that it didn't like one of the screensavers as
running, so I disabled it, and that seem to fix the
problem.  However, now, I've noticed that my system
tends to get hung up whenever I run the tiniest
applications.  The funny thing, is that I've noticed
that the amount of memory being used (as told be the
'free' command tends to slowly increase until i have
about 60 Mb free, which  then results in random
crashes I've tested the ram by removing 1 and
running with the other (and vice-versa) and the same
thing happens.  I have 1 swap partition (478 Mb) that
seems to never get used.  Is there something I can
check before assuming that the problem is in the
memory slot?

=====