Re: Problems with undefined reference errors

On 12 Jun 2003, Bill Baker wrote:

>> >start showing up until I upgraded to Red Hat 9.  The problem is that I
>> >keep getting "undefined reference" errors from certain X libraries.
>> >Here is an example of a small C program I tried to compile just today
>> >under gcc-3.2.2-5:
>> >
>> >#include <X11/extensions/XTest.h>
>> >#include <X11/keysym.h>
>>
>> You're not including the proper X headers.
>>
>> TTYL
>>

>If you're talking about Xlib.h, I tried including that with no luck.  I
>also tried compiling with -Wall.  Besides, this still wouldn't explain
>why I am unable to compile other things, like the Mozilla SRPMs.

Please put the source code you are trying to compile on ftp/http
somewhere so that it can be compiled by hundreds of Red Hat Linux
9 users, and we can see if this is a problem with Red Hat Linux
9, or just with your personal system.  Guess which one is more
likely...

--
Mike A. Harris