Re: RH9, Radeon 9000Pro, some horizontal streaking

Mike Harris wrote:
> Not sure what the problem is you're having, could you elaborate a bit?

Have a look at this short movie:
	http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~migod/ftp/radeon9000.avi

If you put up a black background, you can see thin light coloured horizontal lines flickering (ie a fraction of a second). Here, I've put up a gnome-terminal and a web page with black backgrounds ... it is clearly a global issue, and not related to individual apps.

Most of the time, I use light background with dark text, so I don't notice it ... but it's clearly there and doesn't go away. With a light background, I sometimes see dark lines, but it seems to me to be less noticeable than the other way around.

I tried toggling 16 and 24 bit colour, tuning on/off 3e acceleration (via redhat-config-xfree). Same problem.

It seems to me that it's a global refresh/sync problem ... but I'm not the expert.

Any ideas?