Announcing GinGin64: A Technology Preview for the AMD64 Platform

I'm announcing this here to widen the distribution, as many X
users may also be interested in XFree86 running on the AMD 64 bit
technology platform "AMD64".

If you encounter bugs with XFree86 running on AMD Opteron
hardware, please report them via bugzilla as instructed below,
and flag them as "x86_64" (the old name for AMD64).  Be sure to
include complete details as to the type of system you're using,
what video hardware, and attach your X server log and config
file.

Also, since this hardware is brand new technology to the larger
general public, only a small subset of video hardware has been
tested on this platform in 64bit mode.

While only certain hardware is officially supported, I'd like to
encourage anyone interested in testing various video hardware
they've got laying around out, in order to get a better idea
what other hardware works and what hardware doesn't work at
all.  In particular some of the older generations of hardware
out there which might be laying in a drawer, etc.

If you test any extra hardware out, please post a message here to
let us all know your results.  Feel free to file bug reports in
bugzilla also if you like.

I'd basically like to know - for hardware I don't have
access too currently, which drivers work at all on the new
AMD64 platform, and which ones don't, so I can poke at them a bit
and also decide which drivers will officially ship in our future
products for this platform.

Also, feel free to drop by #xfree86 and/or #AMD64 on
irc.freenode.net if you'd like to chat about AMD64 and/or XFree86
on this platform.

Enjoy.