Re: RH 9.0 - XFree86 4.3.0 - is this right?

On 23 Apr 2003, Mark Knecht wrote:

>   I notice this message in my log file. Is this a problem? This is
>XFree as shipped by RH 9.0.

"Red Hat Linux 9", not 9.0.

>(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIScreenInit failed because of a version
>mismatch.
>[dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.1.1 but version 1.5.0 or newer
>is needed.
>[dri] Disabling DRI.

Yes it is a problem.  It indicates that you have replaced the red
Hat supplied kernel with a custom kernel which has ancient DRM
source code which is incompatible with XFree86 4.3.0.

Solutions:

1) Use the Red Hat kernel which contains the proper DRM modules

or

2) Download the DRM source code for XFree86 4.3.0 and compile
   your own DRM modules, possibly messing around a lot to try to
   get it to work.

or

3) Disable DRI

Hope this helps.