Re: direct rendering with RHL 9 on ATI Rage 128

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Dave Reed wrote:

>It's been a while, but I thought RHL 8.0 configured my ATI Rage 128
>Mobility chipset in my laptop for direct rendering. I just installed
>RHL 9 and direct rendering is not enabled. The "Enable Hardware 3D
>Acceleration" checkbox is insensitve when I run
>redhat-config-xfree86. I have thousands of colors as the option since
>I believe this chipset/laptop LCD only support 16 bit color.

Manually enable DRI by editing the X config file and making sure
the line:

	Load "dri"

... is present in the modules section.  Our config tool assumes
that 3D acceleration is only available on Radeon and matrox I
think.  Someone (possibly myself) reported this stupid behaviour,
but it seems to have not gotten fixed.  As such the enable-3D
feature in the config tool is useless, unless you have one of the
few cards the checkbox is enabled for.

Please file a bug report about this and CC me.