Re: X Problem

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

>> I no longer remember how to change to XF86-3.3.x in RHL
>> though it was possible.
>
>Install it (it can live side by side with version 4 servers)
>and switch an /etc/X11/X link to your desired server.  Make
>sure that /etc/X11/XF86Config is in 3 format (it should be
>if you have also XF86Config-4).  That is about all.

3.3.6 would already be installed, unless one force deselected it
during installation of the OS.

"Xconfigurator --preferxf3" gives you 3.3.6 in all RHL 7.x
releases.

People are strongly discouraged from making the X server symbolic
links by hand and editing the config file by hand unless they're
fairly adept at doing so.  Xconfigurator called either without
options or with the option above, should "do the right thing"
basically.

This hardware will work, however it isn't exactly cutting edge or
top of the supported list.  It's more or less considered legacy
"hope it works" hardware.