Re: screen blank after Dell C640 display lid is closed

On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Bin Yang wrote:

> I have Redhat 8.0 installed at Dell C640 laptop.  Screen blanks when
> closing the lid, there is no way to prevent that.
>
> Please Help!!!!

Not quite sure what the problem is.  Sounds a bit like, "Refrigerator
light goes off when closing the door, there is no way to prevent that."

Have you checked your BIOS settings?  On the C610, there's a whole page
devoted to setting behavior in case of certain events when on battery or
on A/C.  One of the settings is what happens when the lid is closed.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs@clemson.edu