Re: XFree86 4.3.0 RPM packages available for your pleasure

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Sergey V. Oudaltsov wrote:

>1. What would stop people with RH80 from taking src.rpm, "fixing" spec and
>rebuilding? Since these RPMs are not supported anyway... Or are there any well
>known problems with RH80 and 4.3.0?

Nothing really.  I use these src.rpm's rebuilt in Red Hat Linux
8.0 with zero spec file modifications.  It requires you to
upgrade several rebuilt-from-rawhide package dependancies as well
though.  I just don't have the time to explain how to do it all
to each of the 500 people that will undoubtedly email me though.

>2. Is xkbprint fixed(patched) in this release?

Check the XFree86 CVS logs and CHANGELOG for complete details.