Re: XFree86 4.2.0, ATI 128 DRM, GLX on RedHat 8.0: Unresolvedsymbols at startup

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 15:47, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> >    (II) R128(0): Direct rendering disabled
> >    Symbol drmFreeBufs from module
> Basically, you've done a lot of recompiling and messing around
> with things that are completely unrelated to the problem.  ;o)

Oh well... at least the problem went away and DRI fired up when I
put the Load "dri" line in my XFree86Config file... but if the
source needed a patch, well, now I'm really confused.

> It is in 4.2.1-11 for RHL 8.0 on people.redhat.com:

I'll try those out with the stock kernels.

> This bug tells me that barely anyone uses Rage 128 DRI

... or they mucked about long enough like me ...   :-)

Given that it's an on-board chip set, that probably usually
word processes in offices for a living, I could see that being
the case.   Then again there are a bunch of grad students
here (me included) who have been frustrated by our university
supplied boxes doing 3D rendering in software.  Makes visualization
jobs a serious PITA.

I'll spread the word around here.  Thanks for the patches, there
are lots of folks here who will be happy about them.

Best regards
--- Simon

--
Simon Clift <ssclift@math.uwaterloo.ca>
University of Waterloo, Department of Computer Science