RedHat 8.0 hangs on GEForce2

Hi,

My machine hangs when I start the X Server (RedHat8.0)

My configuration:

AMD Athlon1700+
Asus A7N266-VM
GeForce2 display on board
Realtek AL650 on board sound

XFree86 -configure command will detect my card and creates the XF86Config file in which the driver "nv" is specified. But if I start X the machine hangs... the same problem occurs when I install the RedHat8.0 using GUI there also the machine hangs.. i then installed the machine thru text mode... can anyone help me

thanks
Fran