synchronous X

Hello

    I am running RedHat 8.0 as a guest operating system on a Windows

2000 host using Vmware 3.2.0. I am using the Vmware driver – I could not

find the driver’s version number but I am running it under Xfree86 4.2.0.

   I am running some application on remote hosts which send X11 graphics

to my screen. A blank window opens up, but I don’t actually see any

graphics until the screen is refreshed, typically by making a second plot

in the window. I think what is happening is that these application do not

tell my X server to flush its buffer at the right time. I think what I need

to do is get my server to display graphics commands without buffering.

I realize that is inefficient but I don’t have access to the source codes

for these programs, so I can’t fix them.

   Can anyone please tell me, is there any way I can run my server

to display X11 graphics synchronously – i.e., no buffering? (I did not

see anything under the Xserver man page).

Thanks,

- Phil Cummins