Radeon 8500 All-In-Wonder

Due to some old hardware biting the dust I bought some new hardware
and moved hardware between my various machines. I got a Radeon 8500
All-In-Wonder since I think I read XFree 4.3 will support direct
rendering with it. For now I've installed ATI's accelerated drivers on
my 8.0 system. I'd like to be able to watch tv on it in a window. It
looks like gatos.sourceforge.net has the software I'll need. Looking
around their site I didn't see anything about using the ATI drivers
with it. Also, I'm not certain which drivers Red Hat 8.0 already has
and which ones do I need to install.

So basically I'm asking if anyone has gotten tv viewing up and running
with Red Hat 8.0 (and ideally the ATI accelerated drivers, but I'd be
willing to live w/o accelerated OpenGL for now to get tv view working)
and can you tell me which software from gatos I need to install.

I also bought a second disk and put the new beta on it. X works fine
but direct rendering is not on. Should hardware accelerated OpenGL
work out of the box with it?

Thanks,
Dave