Re: Rotate 90 degrees the screen

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Asier wrote:

>Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 15:08:25 -0100
>From: Asier <martinez.a@ikusi.es>
>To: xfree86-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Rotate 90 degrees the screen
>

>Hi,
>
>Please excuse my english.
>
>Is posible to rotate 90 degrees the Xserver showed window ?. I'm going to use a 16:9 Plasma Display, and I'd like install it verticaly.

Some drivers have a rotation option to rotate in 90 degree
increments.  I don't recall offhand what it is exactly, I'd have
to hunt through some manpages.  i think it is "RotateCW" or
"RotateCCW".

In addition, the latest CVS XFree86 RPM's I've built have the
RandR extension which does rotation, although I haven't tested
the rotation for a while, and last time I did it was not working.

--
Mike A. Harris		ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
OS Systems Engineer