Xconfigurator strangeness

Mike A. Harris wrote:

>so, don't.  Xconfigurator is explicitly not meant to be ran in X.
>It only works in remote scenarios to configure a remote server.
>Running it locally inside X may or may not work, but it can
>definitely can cause problems, and it is not intended to work in
>this manner.  Xconfigurator should always be ran from the text
>mode console outside of X, and preferably, no X server should be
>running at the time.  Running Xconfigurator inside X is
>undefined and unsupported behaviour.  Any crash resulting is not
>considered a bug.

Why does Xconfigurator continue to exist?
Back in the early XF3.3 days I understood it, but
whne XF86Steup came along I switched (outside
the RHL installer). Then With XF4.x we got -configure
and xf86cfg. Why not patch them to handle kicstart?
And xf86cfg give the functions from xvidtune too.

Try configuring multiple mice ( one PS/2 and one USB,
or 2 USB) with Xconfigurator. Or Xinerama and AcessX.

Oh, and I keep forgetting to bugzilla this.
The default config has an option to swap CTRL and Caps.
But the option make Caps =CTRL, and no caps.
        #Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
The correct option to swapo the keys is
       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"

    -Thomas