XFree86 3.3.6 legacy issues, and the future (was: an S3 problem)

I realize that utah-glx was the predecessor to the DRI and only worked
with 3.3.6, but there are a few people that have ported the utah-glx 3D
stuff to Xfree 4.2.  it's still utah-glx.  It has not been ported to
the DRI model, so there are some issues of security and such but for
the 3D portion of the drivers.  but it does provide 3D support for
several chipsets under Xfree 4.x.  see the utah-glx website for more
(http://utah-glx.sf.net) and also the devel ML on the site.

Alex