Kernel DRM Woes

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Michael Fratoni wrote:

>Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 00:44:26 -0400
>From: Michael Fratoni <mfratoni@tuxfan.homeip.net>
>To: xfree86-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Re: Kernel DRM Woes

>On Monday 03 June 2002 12:33 am, Gregory S. Hayes wrote:
>
>> Say what? So i586 users will not get drm out of the box, but i686 users
>> will? I had direct rendering working with earlier releases of Redhat on
>> my i586 amd k62 450.
>>
>> What are i586 UP users supposed to do to get DRM?
>
>It's worse than that. The i386 kernel claims to provide drm support.
>
>$ rpm -qp --provides /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/kernel-2.4.18-3.i386.rpm
>module-info
>kernel = 2.4.18
>kernel-drm = 4.1.0
>kernel-drm = 4.2.0
>kernel = 2.4.18-3

Yep.  I tried _hard_ to get a UP i586 kernel, and wanted DRM to
work out of the box on all machines Pentium/K5/K6/CyrixM1 and
higher, because I myself have a machine that requires it, and I
knew countless others would too.  I guess I failed in my quest.

I guess there's power in numbers though.. Pound bugzilla with DRM
requests I guess...

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,