Kernel DRM Woes

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Mike Chambers wrote:

>Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:14:24 -0500
>From: Mike Chambers <mikec@mingetty.com>
>To: xfree86-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Re: Kernel DRM Woes

3Dfx works out of the box with 3D accel in 16bit depth only
(hardware limitation, not software), and 16Mb cards work only in
resolutions of 1024x768 or less due to a limitation which is a
combination of the limitation of having only 16Mb of video
memory, as well as the video driver not being able to handle
the video memory more effectively.  As such, it disables DRI in
situations known to be crashable.  There is a patch floating
around which might make the situation better, but I lost it.

If anyone has a copy, send it to me and I'll put it in rawhide.

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,