[Render] AA fonts with mozilla on skipjack

Around 0 o'clock on May 5, Alex Deucher wrote:

> I edited my unix.js pref's to include the appropriate directories and such,
> and I even edited my XftConfig to include my own fonts,

Mozilla is using the new version of Xft which is based on the fontconfig
library.  That configuration file is in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf.  Stick your
directories in that file and Moz will be able to find them.

> plus for some reason they all seem to be listed as iso10646-1.

Xft exposes only Unicode encodings for all fonts. As mozilla uses Unicode
(UCS2) internally, this has only salutory effects on the internal code and
displayable characters.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab