Mesa-demos ?

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Bill Crawford wrote:

>Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:52:48 +0100 (BST)
>From: Bill Crawford <xfree86@billemon.org.uk>
>To: xfree86-list@redhat.com
>Cc: Mike <mharris@redhat.com>
>Subject: Mesa-demos ?
>
> Is there any chance of the Mesa demos making a reappearance (built
>against XFree86 libGL.so plus your glut package) ?

Not for the upcoming distro release.  Perhaps in the release
after that though.  Many of the demos did not work, and I
received lots of bug reports about them.  They're ultra-low
priority, and when I switched over to the Mesa included with
XFree86, they no longer existed.  I believe they may be buried
somewhere in XFree86 sources but out of reach of Imake.

I'd rather not ship them at all than ship them broken and receive
bug reports.  And I'd rather ship them working fully than not
ship them.  So when I do get time to investigate this, I may
decide to either put them as an X subpackage, or as a separate
package.

No promises other than that I will try to get around to it.  It's
nice to have some demo apps to test 3D out with.

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,