Radeon Mobility M6 issues

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Xos=C9=20V=E1zquez?= wrote:

> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >
> > I am using Mike Harris's Xfree86-4.2.0 RPMs to run XFree86 on a Dell
> > Latitude C610 with the above controller and the XGA 1024x768 display.  I
> > have run into a couple of issues:
> >
> > (1) Artifacts: When I log out from Gnome, the logout dialog box pops up
> > with two vertical black bars extending from the top of the logout box to
> > the top of the screen.
>
> you must to add vga=791 at file /etc/grub.conf
> Reboot and try again :-)
>
> like this -> kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.17-0.16 ro root=/dev/hda3 resume=force
> vga=791

That's pretty cool on a virtual console, but it doesn't have any effect on
the artifacts in the X display.

What's resume=force?

Regarding the hang problems, I wrote:

> (2) Hangups: With the Latitude, it is possible to switch from a VC to
> the BIOS control screen and back.  With X running, I can switch to a
> VC (<CTRL>-<ALT>-<F1>), switch to the BIOS screen (<Fn>-<F1>), switch
> back to the VC (<ESC>), and back to X (<ALT>-<F7>).  At this point, X
> is completely unresponsive to keyboard or mouse buttons, although the
> cursor moves when I move on the touchpad.  Powering off is the only
> way to regain control.

Now it seems that the BIOS screen swith works (even without the above
kernel parameters).  That may be due to a BIOS upgrade or something else,
or I might just have misdiagnosed the problem.

The suspend-to-disk problem remains.  In fact, it seems that there is no
keyboard, mouse buttons, or cursor after resume from suspend-to-disk, and
things like performance meters don't update either.  That's so ith or
without the kernel parameters above.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences