Questionnaire

Dear Lara Thynne,

I am not unwilling to answer the questionnaire, but having looked at it, I don't think it is intended for me.

I do not "work on an open source project", although I note that I am on the "Red Hat developer's list". I use open source software (mostly), i.e. Open Office within Windows or Mac OSX; and I belong to one or two open source mailing lists, but that is all.

My main turnoff to using Linux is that there is no driver for my laser printer, and never likely to be. I am not willing to buy a different printer just for this.

Other turn-offs are that I have never got SANE to work properly, and GIMP does not produce satisfactory colours for the art work I do on my inkjet printer. The results are always subtly different from the EPSON/OSX or WINDOWS drivers, and this difference is important.

If I hear from you that I am the sort of person you are looking for, I am willing to consider the questionnaire again.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. Malcolm J. Gregson,
e-mail: malcolm.gregson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web:    www.littlewedlockgallery.co.uk