Re: developing custom installation procedure.

Darshak wrote:
Hi,
I want to make an installation programme like linux askmethod and give ISO path of any distribution and it should work.
every distribution has its own set of rules, so if you really want to do something similar you have to check which distro it is and process accordingly.
e.g. I can give any ISO path may be red-hat or fedora or any.....
How can I do it?
How can I stop red-hat to check that this is not proper linux ISO ??????

What do you mean by Linux ISO? ISO is a standard format for CDs. If you mean "How you stop RedHat to check that this is not proper RedHat install medium then you have to fool arround some variables/parameters  in the installer.
Thanxs
Darshak

If I am not misunderstood your question you want an universal installer, Right?
In such a case consider making a CD with GRUB for different distros.
There are other methods too. Consider Syslinux .

Thanks
Ashok.