scripts in rc.local and keyboard interrupts.

I am trying to run some scripts from rc.local on RedHat Linux 7.3 (on intel m/c)/

Can someone please help me understand why a script run from rc.local does not respond to ctrl-c interrupt sent from the keyboard. The same script though responds well to this keyboard interrupt once all the scripts from rc.local have exited and the login prompt is shown.

Does default RHL settings disable/mask these keyboard interrupts till all bootup process is completed (including scripts in  rc.local getting executed ?).

Would reaally appreciated if I am guided to the proper place to look for an answer to this question.

TIA