VDSO question

Hello,

Sorry to interrupt you.

I have a question regarding the vdso option in the kernel boot
parameters. AFAIK if vdso is turned on we would see the following
virtual address mapping in the /proc/<>/maps file [correct me if I'am
wrong]

00:00 0 ffffe000-fffff000 ---p 00000000 00:00 0

so turning off the vdso option should not have this segment mapped
into the virtual memory of the process and hence should not have an
entry in /proc/<>/maps.

For this RHEL machine I see that the vdso option is 0 and still we see
a virtual address mapping of the vdso segment.

Kernel       : 2.6.9-11.EL
vdso status  : Disabled

 /proc/sys/kernel/vdso is 0

so is this /proc entry broken in this version of the kernel ??

PS: I could'nt really figure out in which mailing list we need to post
this, do redhat (RHEL) has a seperate mailing list??

Your kind inputs in this context are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Vamsi kundeti