Linux timers

Hello,

We are developing high load application which handles thousands of transactions.

For each user transaction we should set a low resolution (seconds) timer for transaction maintenance – means lot of kernel concurrent timers.

Can we simply use the Linux kernel timer system without overload the kernel performance, or we should set our own timer wheel mechanism for handling such a big number of timers?

Regards,

Yaniv.

Weizman Yaniv

Communication Senior Engineer