From: "Rokicki, Andrew" <ARokicki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 6:21 pm
Subject: RE: Interrupt frequency

> > If I change the HZ value from 100 to 1000 can I get more
> precision ?
> >
> > What are the things affected ? (I know one thing the 'uptime' is
> > affected since it keeps time in jiffies)
> >
> If you change HZ from 100 to 1000 you will get task slice of 1ms.
> This means that a process will run for 1ms before it gives up the
> CPU.
> On our systems I changed HZ to 4096 this gives a slice time of
> 0.25ms( you
> have to do minor modifications to some other files to go that low 1000
> should be fine.)
> I have not seen any problems and uptime seems to be accurate.
>
> The systems we use are robotic equipment so we don't do a lot other
> thanrunning the machine.
> We needed small slice time to drive stepper motors.
>

> The information contained in this transmission may contain
> privileged and confidential information.
> It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If
> you are not the intended recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
> distribution or duplication of this communication
> is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
> please contact the sender by reply email
> and destroy all copies of the original message. This communication
> is from TI Automotive.

begin:vcard
n:Sajeewa;Sahan
fn:Sahan Sajeewa
tel;cell:0722784695
url:www.cse.mrt.ac.lk/~sahans
org:MIT;Engineering
version:2.1
email;internet:sahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr
end:vcard

The information contained in this email is confidential and is meant to be read only by the person to whom it is addressed.Please visit http://www.millenniumit.com/legal/email.htm to read the entire confidentiality clause.