Re: Moving data from kernel to user space

Krishna Monian wrote:
Hi,

I currently have a kernel module that collects some
data. I need to transfer this information to the user
space.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

The module will be collecting huge amounts of data. So
I guess it would be best if the user app keeps
querying the module for data in a periodic fashion.
Once the task is done the user mode app can remove the
module.

There is a kernel patch designed for this matter: RELAYFS.

http://www.opersys.com/relayfs/index.html

Bye.
		Mike-Ro-Chanel