Re: File Monitoring under Linux

Wouldn't that require me to recompile the kernel with
the new filesystem everytime I need this feature on a
new machine.

Ideally I want to be able to turn the logging on and
off whenever required.

Essentially I need something similar to sysinternals
filemon or the dnotify program. Dnotify is probably
closes to what I need. The only limitation with
dnotify is the fact that it doesn't return the name of
the file that was accessed. This is information that
is crucial for my purpose.

Thanks