clock_gettime, POSIX, Redhat 6.2

The Redhat 6.2, linux 2.2.14, does not include clock_gettime in the
/usr/include directory.  This means that clock_gettime is not supported?  I
have an application that currently runs under linux 2.4.x (Redhat 7.2) that
uses clock_gettime.  I'm forced to use the Redhat 6.2 for various other
reasons, and so I'm looking into using this application that needs to run
under Redhat 6.2 and uses clock_gettime.  There are also other POSIX related
functions that are used by this application, so clock_gettime is not the
only problem.  Is there a way to use clock_gettime in Redhat 6.2?  When I
build the application, I get the following error message:

../../include/POSIX.h: In function `int
PTHREAD_COND_TIMEDWAIT(pthread_cond_t &, pthread_mutex_t &, long unsigned
int, long int)':
../../include/POSIX.h:86: implicit declaration of function `int
clock_gettime(...)'

The build is executed using the gcc 2.95 compiler.  I'm only trying to run
this application in Linux (Redhat 6.2), so is there a way to edit some of
these POSIX type defines and get it to run under Linux only?  Is it true
that POSIX is just source code that can be built and run under any operating
system?  The POSIX is just an application layer to the operating system
layer?

When I do a search for clock_gettime in the /usr/include directory (Redhat
6.2), I cannot find any such routine.  I do find the clock_gettime in Redhat
Linux ES 2.1 in its /usr/include directory.

I'm not sure if I need a patch, an RPM, or what.

Wayne C.