Re: pthread_kill( )

anil garrepally wrote:

pthread_cancel(), will it have the same effect of sending a SIGTERM to the thread. Can i use it in place of pthread_kill(threadid, SIGTERM) directly for the same result.

No. The man page provides details. Since I wrote my last reply I'm sure that pthread_kill() was dropped because of its unsafe nature -- I think there may be something about it in "Threadtime", my copy of which is at work. If you're interested, ask again and I'll look it up.

jch