Re: pthread_kill( )

anil garrepally wrote:

Hi,

I am using pthread_kill() system call by including pthread.h, while compiling it is saying, pthread_kill:undefined reference. I compiled with gcc -lpthread and gcc -pthread..still problem was not resolved..saying undefined reference...

In pthread.h also it seems that this call is not defined. I am using Redhat 9.

what is the solution to this problem...how can use pthread_kill() call.

pthread_kill() was removed, if memory serves me correctly, since killing a thread tends to leave a program in a rather less than desirable state if the thread holds any resources at all. It was replaced by phtread_cancel() which is less draconian but does have the advantage that it can be handled gracefully so that a thread can clean itself up before terminating.

jch