Multiport serial driver,Very slow,share Irq

Hi,
i have developed a driver for my legacy multiport serial ISA card,it
has a PC16550D chip.
In that driver,i call register_serial() to register my drivers
presence.
The problem is that when i tested the driver using
minicom,communication is very very slow.
I have read the Interrupt problems from tldp.org site.When i put my
driver in polling mode (using setserial irq 0),the communication has
become very fast.

So i arrived at a conclusion that IRQ has some problem.
My boards IRQ is 9 and it is shared between both the port of PC16550D.

1. Whether serial.c of linux kernel 2.4.20-20.9 ,support IRQ sharing
on ISA cards?
2. Do i need to have seperate IRQ handlers in my driver other that one
already in serial.c ?
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance
LG