Re: Staying close to mainline and VM issues

Dave, Thanks for the response. When I tested severn (early in the cycle)
it seemed fine for me (was using a non highmem) boxes. We are however
seeing a lot of issues in Shrike,Valhalla,RH 8 with the 2.4.20-xx
kernels on highmem boxes >1GB.

I am going to try and setup a test box with >1GB and see how Phil K's
script works out. Also, in recent 2.4.20-xx kernels, the values of
/proc/sys/vm/{min,max}-readahead have changed to 3,31 from 31,127
respectively. On a box with a fast io system like SCSI/3ware, switching
back to 31,127 doubles read speed as measured by hdparm

--
If you're not using Firebird, you're not surfing the web
   you're suffering it