Re: nameif with PCMCIA nics

notting@xxxxxxxxxx said:
> You can edit the files by hand, having the device/alias be that should
> work.

I've done that at the 7.3 level with great success, but the changes to the
script structure in 9 (I skipped 8, first time ever) evaded me, and I went
back to the gui to make the entries and see where they showed up.

I hit a brick wall when I could not figure out how to make ath0 show up as
an option to add or even edit in the gui.

> You could always hack the driver, too. :)

Yeah, even tho I'm not a C hacker, I figured I could prolly make it
happen...  but:
	- I wanted a low impact mod and
	- part of this driver is a binary only blob which I cannot mod, not
	sure if I need to get in there or not

So, how does one make an oddball interface name show up in the gui?

AL