Re: nameif with PCMCIA nics

While we're on the subject, and I apologize in advance for asking here, I've
been fooling with the madwifi drivers for the Atheros chipset wireless
cardbus and pcmcia cards.

This driver was ported from $BSD, and the company name _is_ Atheros, so it
shows up in linux as ath0, not eth0.

This seems to throw all sorts of various startup scripts into states of
confusion.

And old-time RedHat hax0r that I am, I tend to try the supplied gui tools to
configure things and then check the config files to see what changed.  In
this case, ath$ does not even show up as a possibility in
redhatconfig-network.

Suggestions?

TIA

AL