RE: Finding CPU Utilization %

Cat /proc/stat

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-devel-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:redhat-devel-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary Cote
Sent: 2003年6月6日 2:52
To: redhat-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Finding CPU Utilization %

This might be splitting hairs, but the load average,
as I understand it, is not exactly CPU utilization.
Rather, it is a count of the number of runnable processes.

This suffices as a crude measure of system activity 98%
of the time. But how would you query actual CPU occupancy?

Something like <measured number of jiffies> / <jiffies per second> * n

--
Gary Cote
gcote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx