Re: StackGuard gcc

Hi John,

> As I recall from when I looked at StackGuard some time ago, 'Canary" is
> a technical term in the context of StackGuard.

 That I am aware of. Problem is how to get rid of the undefined reference.

> I suggest you seek help from immunix where you will find people expert
> in the use and abuse of StackGuard.

 I was considering to do that, only their mail forums seem to be filled with
no more than spam lately. I had hoped to find some knowledgeable people around
here.

 Anyway, when looking around a bit I naturally stumbled upon the IBM stack
protector (ProPolice). Only problem with this is the patches are available for
gcc-2.95, gcc-3.2 and gcc-3.3, but not for gcc-2.96rh. I am putting a little
effort to get the patch to work with gcc-2.96rh. If it fails I'll have to
decide whether to upgrade to RH 9 at last...

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!