Re: ppc64

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> ncjeffgus@xxxxxxxxxx (ncjeffgus@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > 	I noticed rawhide now has ppc64 gcc and glibc in it.  Playing
> > around with things I'm already getting an illegal instruction because of
> > the ppc64 stuff.  Is rawhide going ppc64 only?  Or is this only a
> > transition?
>
> Not only, it's used in addition to 32-bit glibc. What sort of box do
> you have?

	It's an iBook.  Rawhide has amazingly worked pretty well on this
iBook. :)
	It turns out that it's the telnet client that seems to be
generating the error (Illegal instruction).  I guess it's just a temporary
bug.
	I also get this:

Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_webapp.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_webapp.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0d6fccd4 for
symbol `strcmp' out of range

	Which just might be bugs in the introduction of Tomcat to the
rawhide distro and not the ppc64 stuff. :)
				...Jeff