Re: Creating a RedHat based distribution

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Jonathan Atkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am considering creating my own little Linux distribution for use by me
> and my friends. I'm an intermediate linux user, and I would like to do
> this to enhance my knowledge of Linux, plus I think it's be a fun little
> project :-) I am most familiar with RedHat and YellowDog, so my obvious
> choice is to base my efforts off RedHat. Does anyone have any
> suggestions on where to start? Any information and resources would be
> useful. I'm already fairly proficient on rebuilding software and
> creating (s)RPMs, where do I go from here?

First thing you want to do is search the anaconda and kickstart list
archives.  There are several links to be found that are most helpful.
Also, there is an anconda web page that describes the format of the
new comps.xml (well not new any more).  I would send you a link, but
I am not at work.

Cheers...james