"make menuconfig" problems in RH8.0

Hi everybody...

Sorry, but this bug in RH80 is "bugging" me all the time. When I issue the command

> make menuconfig

everything works fine, except the video! The text structure is corrupted, and you simply not see what is going on, and selected the stuff that's is going to be compiled is actually harder that deciding what to compile!!!
This issued, applies to :
* any version of kernel
* several platform I had tested
* ncurses is not the problem since i compiled ncurses 5-3 and installed it and the problem remains..
* frame buffers is also not the problem since with or without it the problem remains the same....

Thank you and best regards...

Sergio Gonzalez

Ing. Sergio Alejandro Gonzalez
e-mail : sagonzal@fi.mdp.edu.ar
Facultad de Ingeniería - Laboratorio de Instrumentación y Control Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata
Ave. Juan B. Justo 4302
Mar del Plata, Bs.As.
Argentina.
Zip B7608FDQ