Re: PXE kickstart with multiple network cards

>From Kevin McConnell <kevymac@yahoo.com>, Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 11:13:23AM -0800:
>
> This is just something to get your mind working. I
> know there is a way to pass options to modules as
> they're loaded. Using the IRQ and base address,
> couldn't one conceivably assign eth0 to be one and

That might be possible--I'll check it out.

> eth1 to be the other. Just to let you know, also, I
> believe that devices are probed from the slot closest
> to the busmaster slot downward. Just some food for
> thought.

Also interesting! One of the network devices is built-in to the motherboard,
and usually seems to be detected last.

Thanks for the tips!
-lars

> =====
> Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>

lars damerow
pixar animation studios
button pusher
lars-rhdevel@pixar.com

"Check rate of radioactive decay. Increase the Flash Gordon noise and
 put more science stuff around."