kudzu always disabling Intel eepro100 card ?

I'm having a problem with the following version of kudzu/hwdata (should be
stock rh7.3 rpms):

kudzu-0.99.52-1
kudzu-devel-0.99.52-1
hwdata-0.14-1

During detection of an Intel 82557/8/9 NIC, its always disabling the device
(shows up as disabled in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf). I've tried changed various
options in the bios with no luck (per the description of disabled in the
hwconf file docs).

Attached are the output of lspci and the resultant hwconf file.

Is this a known issue with this version of kudzu? I haven't tried to use the
latest release because upgrading to glibc2.3 for this project is not really
an option right now.

Thanks,

Aaron