Re: RedHat 8.0 Compiler Issues

On 9 Jan 2003, Benjamin Vogt wrote:

> I am using the 2.4.18-19.8.0 kernel and since then I have been having quite
> a number of problems compiling programs in any way. I am personally not a
> developer, but I was hoping to gain some insight on this issue.
>
> Whenever I compile a program, I will usually end up with the following
> error messages (not limited to errno.h):
>
> 	/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25:26: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory

> 	/usr/include/bits/[blah].h:25:26: linux/[blah].h: No such file or directory
>
> I've tried changing the /usr/src/linux symbolic link to point to the new kernel,

That is certain to break things.

> but it had no effect. I haven't been able to locate support in regards to this
> problem anywhere.

Try removing all the things you've done to try to fix this problem.

The result of this command would be interesting:
rpm -V glibc-kernheaders

Probably, after you've done the first bit, these commands will fix the
problem:
rpm --erase --force glibc-kernheaders
rpm --install <whatever the package name for glibc-kernheaders is>

--
Please, reply only to the list.