dependency-based init scripts?

Hello,

I read an interesting page by Richard Gooch regarding a new approach to running
Linux's boot scripts:

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/boot-scripts/

It looks like this functionality has been rolled into util-linux already; might
there be any chance that RedHat distributions will move towards using it
instead of vanilla SysV? I'm hoping to speed up the boot and shutdown processes
on our workstations, and this could be a step towards parallelizing the
scripts.

Thanks!
-lars

lars damerow
button pusher
lars-rhdevel@pixar.com

I want to raise my freak flag higher and higher and
I want to raise my freak flag and never be alone...  -tmbg