RE: Problem Compiling Linux Kernel 2.4.20

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 18:24, Joseph D. Wagner wrote:

> Do you suggest I re-extract the files from the tar archive and start over?

By the error message you sent, it looks to me that you do not have
software installed that is needed to run xconfig.  Try

make menuconfig

or

make config

If menuconfig does not work (due to missing software, too), I suggest
installing the required packages so you can use xconfig or menuconfig to
configure you kernel.  Sorry but I don't have a suggestion right now for
what RPM to install for xconfig to work.